POSITION TITLE: Tool Room Machinist, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Automation Manager
Carry through to completion all tooling and fabricated components to build and repair automation equipment.
- Understand blueprints and written specifications
- Use skillfully all Tool Room equipment. (Lathe, Mill, grinder, saws, welder, hand tools,)
- Have strong knowledge of shop mathematics, screws, threads, and tapers.
- Be familiar with working properties of metals, alloys, and tool steels.
- Ability to fabricate sheet metal, mig-weld, braze…
- Capable of holding precise dimensions with a close tolerance
- Capable of designing jigs, form tools, and small fixtures
- Repair, replace, adjust, and align machinery and equipment components, using basic power and hand tools, specialized tools, welding torches, lifts and hoists.
- Test machines after repair to ensure proper operation of the machine or equipment.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company procedures, rules and regulations.
- Lock Out/Tag Out, hazardous materials and safety
- Ability to work close with a team of Tool Makers on a project
- Capable of indicating in spindle heads, and aligning components.
- Be flexible and able to work on multiple projects at a time.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic and electronically controlled equipment is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of CNC programming is a plus but not required.
- Tig welding and welding cast-iron is a plus but not required.
Physical/visual activities or demands
- Lifting 40 pounds
- Overtime may be required
Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Loud noises from machinery
- Handling Chemical
- Heat and humidity
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Four years’ experience as a Tool Room Machinist or Journeymen.
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes Health, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability, Vacation, Pension, Tuition reimbursement, and much more!! We are located in Kirkwood Missouri. We are family owned and our leadership is like no other!