Permanent position: Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier located near Rockford, IL, is actively seeking candidates for a Tooling Engineer opening. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field and 5+ years experience in tooling design for the automotive industry. AutoCAD and Inventor and/or Solidworks experience required.Salary range for this position is $60k/yr-$90k/yr depending on experience.
Responsibilities for the Tooling Engineer• Leads and is responsible for key projects, processes, data and analysis to include tool/die design and preparation, trial part verification, and timely preparation of quotations.
• Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of current status of each project.
• Makes recommendations regarding the use of staff, technology, product, and equipment requirements and improvements.
• Plans & Implements for process and equipment changes or introduction including layout, schedule, etc.
• Participates in 5S, safety, training, and continuous improvement activities in their area.
• Recommends technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
• Actively participates in appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization.
• Corrective and preventive action.
• Root Cause Analysis.
• Minimum process Requirements.
Requirements for the Tooling Engineer• Bachelor Degree or 5 years' experience in engineering in the automotive part manufacturing industry.
• Proficient with AutoCAD, Inventor and / or SolidWorks.
• ISO/TS 16949 Training (Preferred)
• OSHA Trained (Preferred)
• Continuous Improvement knowledge and implementation (PDCA)
Benefits• Company sponsored benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.