Tooling Supervisor 1st shift # 2525 (44087)
One of Ohio’s preeminent medical device companies is in search of a strong leader in their main manufacturing plant to oversee the direction of the Tooling group. This role will have a large impact on the day to day production of unique medical devices which includes design and implementation of new tooling requests.
- Managing tooling costs versus repair or rebuilding of tools. Balancing needs of customer versus profitability.
- Tool disposition, validations of repairs, cost approval, inventory decisions
- Responsible for efficient design coordination and timely fabrication of new and existing tooling and engineering projects.
- Evaluates employees through performance reviews, ongoing coaching and feedback methods
- Monitor capital expense tooling log and budget spreadsheet
- Produce quotation requests, tooling design approvals, and monitoring of quotation activities
- Perform technical support to manufacturing, process engineering, automation, and maintenance
- Lead design modifications and improvement efforts on existing equipment to achieve increased efficiency and improve quality
- Responsible for preventative maintenance program of facility tooling, including maintaining the tooling database used for scheduling repair and replacement of existing tools
- Facilitate weekly tooling status review meetings with Quadra facility in North Canton
- Four-year degree in engineering related field and 1-3 years’ experience in tool/mold design
- Two-year technical degree and 3-5 years’ experience in tool/mold design
- Strong working knowledge of current versions of AutoCAD, Solid works or equivalent software
What the company is offering the successful Candidate:
- An exceptional starting Salary
- Outstanding benefits
- Advancement opportunities