We are now looking for Tower Technician I candidates in your area. Responsible for learning and retaining new knowledge that will be obtained via a vigorous training program and mentoring program. Candidates must be able to carefully and accurately follow safety and work instructions, organize and track their work via checklists and work procedures, and must be able and willing to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation.
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights. Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Observe and report possible compound / equipment defects or hazards.
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed.
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists.
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material.
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the customer’s specifications.
- Identify potential add-on sales to increase company revenue.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and expand existing major cellular carrier networks / sites.
- Cellular Radio and Antenna Swaps, Legacy cable plant upgrades from Coaxial Cable to Fiber, Site Upgrades and Capacity Expansion.
- Conduct pre and post work site audits.
- Serve as a rescue climber if and when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum years of experience: (1 – 2 Years of Tower Climbing Experience)
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Driver’s License, and meet Ericsson’s driver eligibility criteria in order to drive an Ericsson company vehicle.
- Must successfully complete DOT certification within 90 days of employment, and required DOT medical exam post-offer, pre-employment.
- Must take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and adhere to random drug testing policy, as permitted by state and local law.
- Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment, post-offer background check, including criminal history check, employment history check, and education verification, among other things; Ericsson will consider criminal history in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Must successfully complete Ericsson’s tower training program at required level.
- Must be able to travel outside home market up to 50% of the time; but amount of travel could be higher depending on customer projects and business needs.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, to include nights and weekends, when needed.
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision with the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge.
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in the English language for safety reasons.
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and / or perplexing situations.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
- Must have high level of computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools.
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment.
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications.
- Must have own transportation to get to the job site if required.
- Previous knowledge of networking principals, ethernet standards, power systems, cable testing, and industrial construction is a plus.
- Must meet certain weight requirements post-offer, pre-employment and during employment in order to comply with equipment manufacturers’ safety standards for working at heights; maximum weight to be qualified to climb upon hire is 250 pounds.
- Waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Ability to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.
- Ability to lift and carry materials that weigh up to 40 pounds for 6-8 hours per work day.
- Must be able to work at heights from an aerial work platform (AWP) such as man-lifts, boom trucks, cranes & other approved equipment.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
- Ability to push and pull materials and equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, walk and climb for extended periods of time.
- Perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road.
- Ability to perform these duties in all weather conditions and climates including heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve business, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178