Traffic and Logistics Specialist
Looking for an individual with great computer skills, knowledge of office products specifically Outlook and Excel. Organized, detail oriented with excellent communication skills. Must be able to efficiently and comfortably maneuver between multiple applications. A sharp individual who can multitask and problem solve independently. Logistics background is not necessary. General understanding of business operations, shipping, warehousing, and distribution would be a plus.
Entry level logistics associate, who will assist with daily tasks that include cargo receiving, communicating with internal and external teams regarding shipment statuses and maintaining an organized log of outstanding tasks. Working with multiple freight forwarders and consolidators both domestically and international and updating the operating system with accurate information.
- Track and maintain up to date status of domestic purchase orders.
- Advise brand managers of PO status updates.
- Follow up on pickup requests of domestic PO’s by the warehouse and/or carriers.
- Track shipments arranged by us via carriers.
- Update orders spreadsheet with incoming PO’s, received PO’s, and most recent communication regarding status.
- Notify each portfolio with inbound notifications, shortages, or discrepancies.
- Prioritize warehouse receipts and inbound efficiently.
- Follow up on pending requests sent to warehouse.
- Check websites of each consolidator and follow up on pending pickups.
- Communicate with carriers regarding ETA’s.
- Update Navision with most up to date shipping information.
- Stay on top of emails and respond in timely manner.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable, punctual and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Suite of products.