Pay starts at $19.80
Logistics done differently.
At XPO, our skilled team of mechanics is the driving force that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. If you have strong mechanical and diagnostic abilities, a desire to take on challenges, and are a true team player dedicated to exceptional customer service, this position may be for you. XPO provides a safe working environment and the latest tools and equipment needed in order to perform at an exceptional level of efficiency.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on trailing equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance (including: inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of trailers)
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required
- Maintain proficiency on equipment and technologies that enhance XPO Logistics’ productivity
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Ability to lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Ability to safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather)
- Ability to safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties
- Ability to perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
- Basic computer skills
- General trailer repair experience and knowledge
It’d be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene, ARC and MIG
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.