Excellent opportunity in a growing emergency medicine and acute care health care provider practice, Emergency Physicians Professional Association (EPPA) for a full-time HR Training and Development Specialist located in Bloomington, MN. This position is to maximize performance by training and continuously improving the competencies of our employees. The position supports the Human Resources department for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and acts as a key member of the HR team. This position is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s employees. The main focuses of the Training and Development Specialist are, but not inclusive to: 1) Employee Training (current job), 2) Education (future job), 3) Development (continued success), and 4) Performance Management.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered to include, health, dental, life, long-term disability and long-term care insurance, 401(k).
Learn more about EPPA at www.eppahealth.com
Key Result Areas: The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide HR support to identify opportunities for HR solutions to be implemented.
- Collaborate with other members of leadership to design and develop learning projects and needs assessment.
- Understand effective learning designs, propose and implement training and development program solutions to solve challenges and evaluate effectiveness.
- Design, plan, organize and direct orientation and training for employees.
- Use computer skills to support the review, implementation and management of training courses/materials within a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Lead Human Resources core process for: performance management. Partner to establish, train and monitor performance evaluation and improvement management system.
- Administration support to ensure annual required compliance for education distribution and completion.
- Support administration to ensure workplace safety and compliance, to include: OSHA, worker compensation and healthcare worker immunizations.
- Write and maintain end user system training documents, such as user manuals, training materials and assessments.
- Work effectively as a HR team member to collaborate and support department, projects and all management.
- Perform other HR support duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years as HR experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of training, organization development and learning practices experience.
- Experience with multiple Learning Management Systems.
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal employment law.
- SHRM or PHR Certified Professional certification, a plus
- Healthcare industry experience, a plus.
- Industry Knowledge
- Functional Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor.
Equipment/Software/Systems Used: Frequently used equipment may include, but is not limited to:
- General office equipment: Personal Computer, Printer, copier, fax and calculator.
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite, ADP, other third party software and Internet
Working Conditions: The typical employee workweek is Monday – Friday. The work environment and physical demands of the positions as described below is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of a position in this office staff category. These physical standards are generic in nature and tasks may vary dependent on assignment. While performing the duties of this position the employee is subject to constant interruption and is in direct contact with employees. The noise level in an office environment is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of these positions include the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. This position require some walking as well as bending and reaching at, below and above shoulder level. Lifting, pushing or pulling of objects generally not exceeding twenty pounds may also be required. Repetitive use of fingers and hands to operate a keyboard and other office equipment is necessary, as is hearing and speaking ability sufficient to provide information via phone and personal contact.
The information contained in this physical standards description is for compliance with ADA and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of a specific position. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties and additional duties may be assigned.
- Positively and effectively interact with diverse individuals to accomplish common goal.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical records and information.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset and skill to enhance work quality.
- Development of new or improved operational practices.
- Effective and persuasive communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Interpret directives and use initiative and professional judgment in applying directives to the work at hand.
- Ability to meet schedules and time lines.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of the position and people in the position.
EPPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.