This is a grant-funded position located within the Cobb County Department of Transportation – Transit Division (CobbLinc facility).
- Leads and coordinates daily work activities of assigned co-workers: confers with supervisor to obtain direction regarding work assignments and priorities; organizes tasks in order to complete assigned work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; confers with co-workers; assists with complex/problem situations and provides technical expertise; assists with training and instructing co-workers regarding operational procedures and proper use of equipment; and assists with supervision of co-workers by reporting employee problems and providing input on disciplinary action and employee performance evaluations.
- Facilitates both long-range and current planning actions related to compliance with the County’s land development code and comprehensive plan goals, objectives, and policy: participates in various development review and pre-development meetings to provide information and guidance for community development goals, objectives and initiatives; and provides professional and technical assistance and consultation regarding planning issues with industry professionals and the public.
- Evaluates and analyzes proposals and related data and information: evaluates land use, zoning and transportation planning proposals to ensure compliance with applicable laws, codes, ordinances, and related regulatory standards; evaluates environmental, statistical, impact and related information and data; identifies non-compliance and adverse impacts; and recommends mitigation measures.
- Performs various statistical research and comparative analyses: compiles, maintains and updates planning operational data; analyzes planning data; forecasts and identifies future planning, transportation, and growth management deficiencies, trends and problems; evaluates impacts to proposed planning objectives and application to areas of responsibility; assists in development of planning improvements, and modifying proposed objectives accordingly.
- Participates in preparation and administration of state and federal grants, inter-local agreements, land development regulations, and special studies as directed: gathers data; conducts research; and prepares and submits related applications, documentation and reports.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials, reports and documentation for public hearings, various meetings and board presentations: provides presentations to supervisors, boards, commissions, civic groups and the general public on planning and growth management issues as directed.
- Compiles, analyzes, and maintains transit system performance measure statistics, such as, route revenue hours and miles, ridership, etc. Gather data and manipulate ridership, on-time performance, and other performance-related data using excel, access, or other data analysis tools.
- Provides monthly and annual transit performance measure reports.
- Works with other divisions within the department on adding new route configurations, adjustments to bus route timing, and reviewing requests for new or adjusted service.
- Prepares maps, graphics, and charts.
- Conducts field surveys and assists in the determination of service and amenities.
- Illustrates data/analysis findings, performs service analyses, including route and route segment analysis.
- Conducts field studies, writes reports, and interviews passengers and other stakeholders.
- Keeps abreast of current industry standards and practices.
- Prepares maps and other media including PowerPoint presentations.
- Monitors data from AVL system, examines data for anomalies to ensure data quality.
- Coordinates with regional transit partners, including MARTA, SRTA, and GCT.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Urban Design, Regional Planning, or related field required, a Master’s Degree is preferred; supplemented by five years of experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Direct transit system operation experience.
- General knowledge of U.S. transit industry issues and challenges with understanding of FTA, state, and local regulations regarding transit.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret maps, schedules, plans, spreadsheets, and related documents.
- Ability to manipulate data in Excel and/or Access.
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships through excellent communication and teambuilding skills, including the ability to engage successfully with both internal and external contacts and the public.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to gather, organize, analyze, and present data to appropriate sources; ability to interpret and apply local, state, and federal rules and regulations accurately and effectively.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to prepare and deliver clear and concise reports.
- Ability to manage and maintain simultaneous, transitional, and emerging priorities.
- Proficiency in computer software programs including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work with database applications, transit schedules, and GIS.
- Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- Cobb County is an equal opportunity employer.
- Cobb County Government does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us if you require accommodation to apply for a position. If you need assistance, please contact us at 770-528-2541
- Cobb County Government is a smoke-free environment for all employees.
- Cobb County Government is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident testing.