- Develop and maintain departmental reporting and key performance indicators (KPI’s) around carrier, transportation and distribution costs, efficiency and service that support continuous improvement and attainment of all transportation and distribution performance objectives.
- Maintain multiple databases including data retrieval from various sources with data integrity
- Provide Transportation and Distribution with ad hoc reports and analysis
- Manage freight payment and freight payment vendor by processing weekly freight payment, responding to internal and external customer inquiries, updating general ledges and purchase orders and leading quarterly management review meetings etc.
- Manage carrier invoice aging reports and month-end statements and report monthly accrual
- Support for annual contract negotiations and participate in negotiations.
- Responsible for distribution budget center; maintaining cost analysis reports
- Evaluate existing capabilities and establish new systems and processes for the tracking, measurement, reporting, and analysis of all traffic.
- Ensure excellent financial controllership over transportation spend
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in transportation, logistics, supply chain, business administration and similar required
- 0+ years of experience in transportation, freight payment, logistics, or a related highly-analytic field
- Experience in transportation and customer service practice, such as rate entry, collection, billing and/or operations preferred
- Experience of Oracle and SAP ERP systems preferred
- Advanced MS Exel skill that could proficiently use pivot tables, VLOOKUPS and other basic formulas; very familiar with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and Word)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skill
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently under general supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence and maintain business procedure documentation
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and/or external customer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.