Wednesday-Friday & every other Saturday 1700-0500
Sunday-Tuesday & every other Saturday 1700-0500
Manage day-to-day shipment activities for all modes of transportation using Optimiz and ProTrack software.
The role of the Transportation Specialist (TS) is to manage a segment of the PTI customer base to achieve specific key factor goals. The TS will handle a variety of service requests and issues independently. This is accomplished by having a comprehensive understanding of all procedures, systems, and equipment used daily. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: soliciting freight / carriers, resolving problems, maintain systems, create appropriate reporting and build a solid working relationship with all customers, suppliers and carriers in order to understand their total service needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates effectively with customers, suppliers, carriers, sales representatives, internal personnel to:
- Generate freight according to plan
- Following booking process per the Operations Handbook
- Take complete ownership of load from beginning to end
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer base
- Accept freight based on flow and market balance
- Track Carrier Non-Conformance
- Create, update & distribute desired reporting
- Manage Customer business utilizing PTL systems
- Effectively communicate via the telephone to ensure every customer is treated in a consistent, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Anticipate problems and react pro-actively to solve them.
- Participate in quality projects to support customer’s needs.
- Ensures all computer information is accurate and up to date
- Handle and confirm all operational details from pick up to delivery of shipment
- Meet or exceed total service needs of customers. Takes steps to alleviate issues and improve service efficiency.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree from a four year College or University or two years experience in transportation, logistics or supply chain. Must have excellent computer skills including all MS Office programs.