Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
Responsible for U.S. Export Logistics activities for International Transportation. Manage incoming/outgoing shipments and locate misdirected shipments. Act as subject matter expert to provide guidance/training and support within the department (and for other Company U.S. exporting factories).
- International Transportation Execution - Maintain ownership for timely International ocean container movements of forklifts and service parts. Master the air shipment process. Identify, analyze and recommend opportunities for process improvements or contingency alternatives to meet customer service requirements related to International Transportation. Pursue freight cost efficiencies and load optimization by forecasting upcoming candidate shipments for consolidations via Less than Container Loads (LCL) or Full Container Loads (FCL) to various, dealers, customers, and branches per customer requests. Arrange shipment booking, documentation, and schedule loading appointments for outbound shipments ex-New Bremen/Fort Recovery operations. Quote ocean/air freight rates. Audit freight invoices from forwarders and carriers for accuracy. Correspond with foreign Crown branches/dealers/customers to proactively plan shipments and resolve transportation related issues.
- Administration - Under the direction of the Manager, act as subject matter expert by providing functional related training and guidance for International Transportation Planners. Must be able to administer cross training (air/ocean/road) to provide for staff coverage during any work absences. Be knowledgeable of other departmental roles to provide ready backup support. Conduct periodic process reviews and recommend revisions where appropriate. Provide shipment related advice and documentation guidance to offsite factories relating to international shipping and consolidations.
- Miscellaneous - Manage forward looking shipment booking(s) with Freight Forwarders or directly with carriers as appropriate. Prepare all export documents such as Electronic Export Information (EEI) worksheet, dock receipt, Commercial Invoice, Packing List and hazardous certificates. Arrange carrier pick up of loads, pre-alerts, and bookings. Create and maintain Shipping Profiles appropriate for each export lane. Coordinate local container drayage movements and trace shipments. Perform other duties or special projects as assigned by the manager. Travel to Crown’s International branches/dealers/customers as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Transportation, or Logistics with five years of transportation experience
- Effective oral, written, and organizational skills
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and ability to learn Company’s ERP system
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials handling and transport preferred
- Ability to travel with overnight stays (5%) required
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled