Our client is a General Contractor that specializes in commercial retail and restaurant ground up and interior projects across the Southeast. Looking for additional superintendent to join their commercial team.
General Contractor with operations across Tennessee are looking for additional traveling superintendents due to a strong pipeline of work for 2018.
- Oversee and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and develop Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, and/or Interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Create schedules and determine sequencing of work. Develop and implement recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connections with field issues. Investigate and resolve such issues.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Must have experience with projects in the retail sector.
- Must be willing to travel 100%.
- 3+ years of construction experience.
- Experience managing all aspects of field operations including scheduling, quality control and coordinating sub-contractors.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-first attitude.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
$80,000 - $100,000 + per diem and truck allowance.