Overall supervision and coordination on one large project or several small projects that require interfacing of heavy/civil road projects. This position requires maintaining a strong working relationship with inspectors, developers, vendors, and subcontractors, so outstanding customer service skills are essential.
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years
* Direct all job personnel in the implementation of E.E.O., safety, and preventive maintenance policies.
* Analyze and update cost information on job cost reporting data.
* Review all billings to ensure accurate reflection of job cost.
* Submit regular billings to owners and general contractor to ensure prompt payment.
* Process all change orders as required by project owners to include detail necessary for job cost reporting software.
* Maintain profit/loss accountability for individual projects to include job cost controls as established by the construction manager and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs
. * Present and discuss change order needs with owners and owners' representatives.
* Read and interpret owner's drawings and specifications insuring that all staff and sub-contractors understand all the specific job requirements.
* Schedule and coordinate all resources as needed to complete the project.
* Monitor self-performed work to ensure labor and equipment resources are in line with needs.
* Review daily time sheets to insure accurate job cost data.
* Create and maintain general schedule and update schedule as job progresses or changes.
* Create ten-day detailed schedule and update weekly.
* Provide all personnel and sub-contractor personnel with sufficient notice to ensure all work is started on schedule.
* Order and properly allocate cost for all material resources needed to complete the project.
* Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent preferred, but may be substituted by experience. * 7+ years of experience in the construction industry with projects in the fields of heavy highway, bridges, heavy civil, dirt work, etc.
* Project management experience in the construction industry with projects in the fields of heavy highway, bridges, heavy civil, etc.
* TxDot experience
**Equal employment opportunity- all concerned may be REQUIRED to submit back around & (hair/urine) drug screenings.**
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan.
- Proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company!