The Creative UI Visual Designer will be responsible for delivering on a full portfolio of design services within the Experience Design Group. The Creative UI Visual Designer will be responsible for implementing design and assisting others on design best practices. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and under the Lead or Senior Designer within the creative team and integrate into a cross-functional environment.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements: To qualify, candidates must have:
- A strong portfolio showcasing UI Design comps.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience – a concentration in design for enterprise applications or large public facing web sites a plus.
- Experience with Sketch.
- Ability to further establish, improve and define the UI design practice within the organization keeping in line with organization goals.
- Maintaining a consistent UI across all products, and user touch points.
- Working Knowledge of Lean, and Agile process point of view a plus.
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools such as InVision, a plus.
- Knowledge of interactive design and how HTML works a plus.
- Self-driven to stay abreast of current technology and design trends.
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and/or equivalent experience required.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Maintain a hands-on approach to deliverables that span the full design lifecycle.
- Ensuring project requests are delivered on-time and ensuring a consistent customer experience through the various applications within the service line.
- Ability to simplify complexity in order to translate them into intuitive application/web experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Provide level of effort estimates for requirements of own role.
- Track project tasks, provide status and ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Educate and endorse best practices across all UI competencies.
- Assist in owning responsibility for quality of design output.
Additional desirable skills (optional) are the following:
- Mobile Design & Development.
- Software Application Design.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience in a financial sector.