We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS, and we are seeking a dynamic Lead Applications Developer. If you're looking for an exciting technology opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader, we want to hear from you!
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As an App Developer, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
The Lead Applications Developer provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. He/She directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. He/She guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. He/She provides knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration, and maintenance. This position will lead junior team members with project related activities and tasks. This position guides and influences department, project teams, and facilitates collaboration with stakeholders. The Lead Applications Developer will provide direction, monitor team member activities, analyze requirements and validate appropriate solutions have been designed. He/She will also provide technical guidance to application team. The ideal Applications Developer will have .net experience on an enterprise level application, provide team performance feedback, hold team accountable to deliverables, and coach others to improve performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides leadership in full systems life cycle management
- Directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance
- Develops and leads AD project activities and integrations
- Guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives
- Researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies
- Provides knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration and maintenance
- Guides and influences department, project teams and leads junior team members
- Facilitates collaboration with stakeholders
- Provides team performance feedback, holds team accountable to deliverables, and coaches others to improve performance
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced experience with Agile Development and C#
- Expert-level proficiency with .NET
- Advanced leadership skills, research skills and technical skills
- Mongo DB
- Visual Studio.Net
- Agile methodologies
- JAVA Script
- SQL Server
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity