Principal Security Architect
We’re the obstacle overcomers. The problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Security Architecture UPS Technology:
Our Security Architects look across the company enterprise and use their technical skills and strategic thinking to define technical direction and develop governing policies. We have the business savvy paired with the technical know-how to ensure we continue our innovative and competitive culture.
About this role:
The Principal Security Architect develops Information Services (I.S.) strategy, initiatives, and governing policies. He/She creates architecture solutions, builds consensus, and sells and executes solutions across the enterprise. This position defines the technical direction for individual projects and solution architecture across multiple initiatives and system areas.
The Principal Security Architect supports I.S. leadership by planning and championing the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering security services, policies, procedures, standards, best practices and solutions. This position defines the security technical direction for individual projects and solution architecture across multiple initiatives and system areas. The Principal Architect will collaborate to ensure enterprise-wide legal, regulatory, policy and contractual compliance.
This position directs the evaluation of products and procedures to enhance security and enable functionality that changes the risk posture of the organization. Principal Security Architect interfaces across business areas, acting as a visionary to assist in defining direction for security and compliance and managing enterprise risk.
- Advanced knowledge in Identity, Authentication, Authorization, Encryption, PKI, and Security monitoring methodologies and technologies
- Experience with Security Architecture, threat modeling, secure application development, developing security controls architecture patterns, and creating strategies and roadmaps
- Experience with developing security controls for cloud native architectures, mobile applications, and virtualization environments
- Knowledge of Ethical Hacking/Penetration testing, Secure Coding/OWASP Top 10, cyber security and risk management frameworks
- One or more of the following professional certifications: CISSP, CSSLP, CRISC, CISA, GCED or equivalent GIAC Certifications
- Bachelors’ and Masters’ degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity