Sr. Business Systems Analyst
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Business Analysis at UPS Technology:
Our Business Systems Analysts tie our technology to our business needs as they determine how new tech solutions will affect our customers. Their analysis ensures we maximize the positive impact of new technology across the business. As a UPS Business Analyst, you are a problem solver that enables the organization to achieved its goals and bring value to our UPS teams and customers!
About this role:
The Senior Business Systems Analyst performs functions on highly complex projects and provides guidance to a team of Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) on cross-functional projects. He/She serves as a liaison between the business community and Information Services (I.S.). This position elicits and analyzes business needs for highly complex projects, determines the impact and integration of solutions to business processes and systems, and validates that solutions fit within the long-term strategic vision. He/She ensures that BSA work products conform to quality and content standards, and stays current on industry best practices, standards, trends, tools and techniques. He/She collaborates with organizational stakeholders and senior management to establish and implement processes that enhance efficiency, and improve work products for the enterprise.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (including MS Project and PowerPoint), SQL & PL/SQL, MVS/JCL and XML
- 2-5 years of Business Analyst experience in the field of Transportation Management
- Strong knowledge of IT processes
- Familiar with creating, analyzing and validating detailed functional specifications and facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution
- Excellent communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- PMP or similar project management certification is considered a Plus
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity