The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 5,000 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The Sr. Systems Programming Analyst enforces consistency of systems, devices, and applications to quickly and cost-effectively adapt to the needs of our business. He/she is responsible for all asset management and configuration management across the franchise. The Sr. Systems Programming Analyst plans, diagnoses risk and systems issues, and takes corrective action to ensure continuity of operations. He/She is self-sufficient and has extensive knowledge of computer hardware and configurations. The Sr. Systems Programming Analyst has a strong background and hands on experience with different endpoint management tools also.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures constant availability of technical resources
- Builds end user computer Operating System patches as well as other local applications and packages for related software distribution
- Designs, develops, implements, maintains, and supports customized OS installations and automation solutions to meet business requirements
- Performs root cause analyses to ensure timely resolution of distribution problems
- Drafts design documentation and procedures
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Windows OS and Microsoft ISO experience
- Windows PowerShell or related scripting experience
- Experience with Asset Management, Patch Management, Operating System Deployment, Application Deployment, Compliance Evaluation and Remediation, Mobile Device Management
- Experience with Endpoint Management tools
- Endpoint Management IBM Bigfix Lifecycle experience - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity