The UPS Capital (UPSC) Customer Relationship Supervisor provides administrative and operational support of UPSC / Parcel Pro insurance products and customer needs. He/She ensures systems and procedures are utilized properly and effectively. This position oversees the management of the UPS Capital book of business, customer file development, product and customer data entry, and research of customer transactions. He/She oversees specialists and administrative staff.
The UPSC Customer Relationship Supervisor instructs Representatives on how to get customers to use available service channels to ensure that customer questions and issues are promptly resolved. He/She generates and distributes reports on business plan results and statistics to representatives so they are able to monitor their own performance. This position uses performance against business plan results, customer feedback, call monitoring, and performance on other statistics to identify examples of outstanding performance and areas needing improvement. The UPSC Customer Relationship Supervisor works with Representatives to develop action plans that ensure the achievement of business objectives. He/She responds to customer inquiries and issues to manage claims and solve customer problems and issues.
- Interacts with partner insurance companies to assist in researching and resolving claims.
- Reviews customer accounts for ways to further engage customers; reviews denied claims and evaluates opportunity for claims advocacy.
- Manages new customer contract information and researches customer questions to ensure problem resolution and reduce churn.
- Manages customer information changes, and customer inquiries to assign staff resources for resolution within established deadlines.
- Acts as a liaison between Sales, Operations and customers to ensure a high level of service and problem resolution within established deadlines.
- Manages departmental work assignments to meet customer needs, leverage capacity, and develop departmental staff.
- Provides sales team guidance and support to ensure effective account development and account relationships.
- Manages departmental feedback (e.g., guidance, recognition, goals and business plans, etc.) to recognize departmental achievements and motivate staff.
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages.
- Coaches Sales Team Members: Reviews and coaches team members on overall revenue results compared to plan; provides pre- and post-sales call feedback; coaches team members on consultative selling techniques, negotiation skills, and positioning solutions.
- Designs/Develops Integrated Solutions to Business Problems: Demonstrates a broad understanding of business requirements or critical elements of a problem; identifies the impact of a problem on multiple areas of the business; recommends improvements to existing processes or programs.
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager.
- Solves Customer Problems: Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances or setbacks.
- Strategic Customer Partnerships: Builds and maintains relationships throughout a customer organization; makes recommendations regarding account decisions or strategies.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- Underwriting Knowledge: Demonstrates a working knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques; analyzes risks associated with client opportunities; evaluates risk profile to determine if a client meets underwriting eligibility requirements; develops solutions by utilizing multiple coverages, limits and deductibles related to the terms and conditions of client opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Business, Business Administration, Sales, or related discipline – Preferred
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) – Preferred
- Property and Casualty Insurance License – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law