Job Title: Underwriting Assistant I
Client: Liberty Mutual
Job ID: LMJP00005565
Contract: Temp to Hire
Location: 350 E 96th St Indianapolis, IN 46240
Seeking a temp-to-hire Surety Underwriting Assistant with exceptional customer service skills to provide administrative and underwriting support in our National Bond Center. Position may include extensive phone contact with agents/clients, and underwriters throughout the country, and/or focus on assisting with inputting new bond transactions, endorsements and supporting surety underwriting information management, updating agency information, and providing general office administrative functions as needed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- May focus on providing support to Agents regarding our online Surety Agency portal in a contact center environment, and/or process Surety business through bond and data entry supporting national organization. Services and responds to internal and external customers, assisting customers with inquiries and questions with follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- May prepare and execute new bonds, riders, enter rates and codes new business, renewals, cancellations, endorsements, and reinstatements.
- Communicate with Home Office and field underwriters and staff, as well as internal and external customers, Territory Managers, attorneys, and Surety IT personnel.
- Apply considerable independent judgment to complete complex or specialized assignments/tasks, working within defined policies and procedures to optimize planned business results.
- Provide excellent service to internal and external customers and assist agents and clients with inquiries and questions.
- Retrieve information using various systems, including billing/work flow and database systems; Prepare and verify documents for accuracy prior to entering into systems.
- Assist with billing, premium and commission discrepancies upon request.
- Participate in process improvement activities by regularly sharing ideas and seeking new ways to improve the way we do business.
- Provide Administrative Support.
- Other projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year, prefer 3+ years related experience supporting complex transactions. Surety exp ideal or prior experience working in a UA role within the P&C industry or similar.
- Learns quickly with positive attitude toward change; work well on team;
- Steady work history and desires a long-term career in a support role.
- Demonstrates strong multi-tasking ability and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional communication and service skills.
- Learns quickly and demonstrates an open attitude when facing new problems, processes, or procedures. Takes advantage of diverse sources by proactively seeking information to solve problems.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrates strong time management/prioritization skills and the ability to prioritize own work flow and complete assignments in a high-volume work environment producing accurate, error-free work in order to accomplish the most important individual and business objectives.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.