Real Soft is looking for Unified Communications Engineer for one of our leading netowrk client at Cambridge, MA. Please find the job description and let us know if you would like to apply
Skill 1 – 5+ years of experience developing and optimizing real time video streaming systems in large enterprise environments
Skill 2 – Manage the full life cycle implementation of Digital Signage, Audio Video Technology systems from initial planning, through vendor selection, systems design, Proof of Concept testing, systems development and final deployment phases
Skill 3 – Experience with deployment of multi-carrier DAS systems and a familiarity with DAS/in-building hardware.
- 5+ years of experience developing and optimizing real time video streaming (multicast and unicast) systems in large enterprise environments
- 5 years of experience with video codecs (e.g. VP8, H.323, H.264), knowledge of how the various codecs work, and the ability to recommend the appropriate codec based on a specific set of use cases
- 5+ years experience as a Systems Engineering including OS deployment, configuration, management and support
- 3+ years experience with advanced familiarity with most operating system commands/utilities on Windows, Mac and Linux
- 3+ years experience in Server Architecture (Server Configuration, Security, Networking)
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco Video Communications Server, Telepresence Management Suite, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Deep knowledge of data networking and the unpredictability and variability of the Internet impact the user experience. Understanding how packet loss, latency, bandwidth, jitter, etc. are measured and how these impact communications is a must.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills for both system performance and connectivity issues
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff including executives
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills
- A 4-year college degree or 5 years job related experience
- Experience with deployment of multi-carrier DAS systems and a familiarity with DAS/in-building hardware.
- Understanding of engineering design drawings, point to point wiring diagrams, network architecture and integrated system designs
- Knowledge of building controls, monitoring and automation systems
- Good understanding of the ITIL frameworks along with the incident, problem and change management processes and procedures
- Willingness to take initiative and to overcome obstacles to achieve personal, organizational, and company goals
- Good analytical skills and Project Management skills
- 4-year college degree or 5 years related experience