The New York State Division of the Budget (DOB) provides analysis and advisement to the Governor of New York State on fiscal policy matters and is charged with the development, negotiation and implementation of one of the largest governmental budgets in the country.
DOB is currently seeking a highly-qualified, self-motivated professional to lead the Economics and Revenue Unit (ERU). Primary responsibilities of this unit include:
- Economic and revenue forecasting critical to the development of the Executive Budget and quarterly updates to the State's multi-year Financial Plan;
- Providing in-depth analysis of tax, economic development, and health care policy;
- Construction of computer simulation models for forecasting and policy analysis;
- Fiscal impact analysis of proposed and enacted legislation; and
- Negotiation with legislative fiscal committee staff on issues related to this important portfolio.
Qualified candidates will have an advanced degree in economics; 6 years of progressively responsible experience in fiscal policy, financial management, revenue forecasting, and/or budgeting experience; and the ability to provide expert fiscal policy advice amid changing priorities. Experience with economic and revenue modeling is preferred.
To apply for this "Chief Budget Examiner - Economic/Revenue Unit" position, please visit the Division's employment page and complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at info@ goer.ny.gov.
Human Resources Office
NYS Division of the Budget
Albany, NY 12224