Exciting Unit Manager Opening at M Burger!
Come Join our Leadership Team
Come Join our Leadership Team
We’re looking for an experienced person for our team at M Burger! If you have fast casual/QSR experience and you love the restaurant industry, you may be a match for our UNIT MANAGER opening at our Huron location. M Burger is known for its fun, friendly service as well as its real beef burgers, delicious fries, and great shakes to go. Because this is one of our downtown Chicago locations, we are looking for someone with high energy and someone who is eager to grow.
This is an hourly position with a lot of potential as we continue to develop and grow our brand! If you have the ambition to gain more restaurant management/supervisory experience, please read the requirements below & apply today!
- 6 months-1 year of quick-service restaurant experience (supervisory experience is a big plus)
- Friendly and energetic
- Genuine interest in growing a career in hospitality
- Strong work ethic
MORE ON M BURGER
- Real beef burgers, delicious fries and great shakes to go, or to stay
- Fun people, friendly service, fast pace
- A professional, energetic team with a great attitude
Please note: this position provides benefits including health insurance to qualified employees, dining discounts at LEYE restaurants, vacation and more. EOE. E-Verify.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the General Manager/Regional Manager with the overall operation of a quick service kiosk/restaurant. Work with the General Manager in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales and manage cost. Must have the ability to run a smooth and efficient shift.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Interact with, direct and supervise employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Assist with the interviewing, hiring, training, development and retention of qualified employees and shift supervisors.
- Assist with the scheduling, conducting, and the documentation of employee performance reviews according to standard operating procedure.
- Assist with identifying, training and developing key employees for growth, advancement and promotion.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance
- problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to standard operating LEYE procedures.
- Promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Follow up with employees and co-workers to ensure completion of assigned projects.
- Uphold applicable policies and requirements of employment laws.
- Become proficient in all job functions of both front and back of house employees.
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees.
- Have and demonstrate a thorough understanding and practice of LEYE Employee Handbook, employee benefits, and company philosophies.
- Complete projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper restaurant operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Address customer complaints and problems effectively and courteously on an as needed basis.
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Oversee running of shifts including adequate evening preparation levels based on business levels.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Create prep list station based on expected business level for shift.
- Perform a shift “walk through” in order to assess staffing, maintenance, cleanliness, zoning and any special needs.
- Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects to hourly staff and follow up with employees to ensure their completion.
- Maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Assist with the maintenance of portioning and product specification.
- Comprehend and adhere to all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering manager.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to General Manager and/or appropriate repair source.
- Maintain premises and equipment related to the operation of the restaurant.
- Become proficient in the use of all equipment/utensils related to the operation of the restaurant.
- Become proficient in the use of all restaurant computer equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Avero, Kronos, Open Table, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, and credit card terminals.
- Responsible for the security of, and balancing and paring of all cash banks.
- Maintain inventory and order the appropriate restaurant supplies i.e. liquor, food, linen, paper goods, cleaning supplies, general restaurant supplies etc.
- Assist the General Manager in maintaining cost control.
- Perform and extend an end of the month and/or weekly inventory.
- Lead by example.
- Prepare ingredients needed for recipes of menu items.
- Prepare food storage according to standard operating procedures.
- Assure and maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Provide samples to guests and be able to describe dishes.
- Be able to perform functions contained in prep, line cook, receiver, counterperson and dishwasher job descriptions.
- Implement systems as designed by the central office.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
GENERAL RULES Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Accessibility varies by location