Our client, a market leader in medical devices is seeking a Product Manager for upstream marketing. This is a highly visible role for working closely with executive management on identifying new opportunities, collecting the voice of customer, product road-mapping and strategy. The qualified individual will have three years medical device marketing experience in the surgical space, within upstream and downstream marketing.
· Maintain responsibility for products within a product franchise for the global market (USA, EU, JP and ROW).
· Support the development of the Upstream Marketing Strategy and Product Roadmap.
· Develop and execute comprehensive product strategy and launch plans including sizing market opportunities, assessing customer needs and market landscape, positioning, pricing, programs, and distribution pathways to create robust business case proposals and best grow the franchise while remaining consistent with the overall business plan.
· Ability to lead and execute robust Voice of the Customer efforts to uncover unmet customer needs and develop user/product requirements, and interface with technical team to ensure fulfillment of these requirements throughout the product development process.
· Serve as the subject matter expert for assigned products/areas of focus.
· Establish relationships with physicians, other HCPs and outside vendors to execute critical product & business initiatives.
· Develop global relationships and builds credibility with key internal cross-functional stakeholders.
· Provide leadership and direction to the product launch team through all phases of product pre-launch, which include establishing appropriate inventory levels of product, ensuring that all regulatory requirements have been addressed, and arranging for a complete product evaluation.
· Bachelor's degree in marketing required; MBA preferred
· Minimum of 4 years upstream/downstream product marketing; 2 years in medical device marketing
· Proven success taking a product from initial concept through development
· Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills within cross- functional product development teams are desired
· Travel is 25%