Job Position: Utility Designer -Drafter
Job Duration: 18 months
Job Location: Drive Bay Lake, FL
- Produce drawings and sketches using AutoCAD software.
- Perform record and field research under engineer’s direction.
- Support the efforts of engineers and project management/construction.
- Produce presentation materials for anyone in RCES using AutoCAD, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GIS and other software.
- Produce manual (pen & pencil) sketches.
Service the functional requirements of the Planning & Engineering Division’s plotters and printers.
- Produce written reports and spreadsheet reports using Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Excellent CAD abilities, 2-D AutoCAD
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing correct form, fit and function of designs
- Demonstrated proficiency in Power Distribution, PLC, Panel Layouts, Wiring, Schematic and Single Line Diagrams
- Demonstrated proficiency in design and detail of components and assemblies and make supporting analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in materials selection and application
- Education – High School Diploma Required
- Two-Year Degree or Drafting Technical School Required.
- 2 years Electrical Engineering or bachelor’s Degree
- At least four (4) years of CAD experience with the majority of recent experience with AutoCAD versions 12 & 13
- Must have at least three years of experience creating bid & construct design drawings in a consulting or engineering office environment, underground or civil preferred.
- 3-D modeling
- Drafting experience with plan and profile of underground utilities.
- Familiarity with industry codes and standards: AWWA, ASME, ISA, Gas Industry.
- Some experience with drawing P & ID diagrams and logic diagrams.
- Mathematical/trigonometric skills.
- Writing skills – should be able to compose an unambiguous technical statement of fact in a concise manner.