Job Summary/Basic Function: Position Summary:
The Pilot Thomas Logistics Information Technology team invites applications for a Programmer Analyst position. The Programmer Analyst participates in projects, for the maintenance, and support of enterprise software systems used to facilitate companywide operations. Such systems may include on custom developed software applications and components, integrations with the company's ERP system and many third-party applications such as Esker and Doclink. Through the use of such software, this position works to ensure that business processes are efficient and continually optimized.Projects may include but are not limited to new development, analysis, design, modification, and implementation of production interfaces, analytical solutions and software applications. Supports software applications and mobile applications, responsible for planning, programming and ongoing support of the applications and their integration.Duties:
- Consult with the users to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input-output requirements.
- Convert information gathered from clients into functioning solutions.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Coordinate the technical activities of different projects.
- Support and development integration to third-party applications
- Participate in training and professional development sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ years' application development and implementation experience.
- Hands on development experience with VB.NET, C#, WPF, WCF, Entity Framework, XML, HTML, CSS, LINQ, and HTML5.
- Strong abilities in creating and maintaining complicated Crystal Reports.
- Experience designing and implementing core framework components and reusable libraries, Microsoft Applications Blocks/Enterprise Libraries.
- Strong experience applying software patterns in a Microsoft environment.
- Production support experience.
- Qualifications Continued:
- Working knowledge of web services and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Proficient in data access to MS SQL Server 2008 to current.
- Good working knowledge and experience with custom SQL Scripts, Stored Procedures using SQL Server.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and release management.
- Self-motivated, independent, team-player.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Equivalent; Years of experience can substitute