Vice President, Leasing
The Vice President, Leasing, handles a broad range of functions in the deal making process and has direct revenue impact for the company’s mixed-use portfolio. This candidate is responsible for the consistently high production of deals in leasing space and requires knowledge of real estate documents, particularly commercial leases. Professionalism and negotiation skills are essential for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Achieve Permanent Leasing income goals established for assigned properties
- Identify leasing trends in the industry and maintain an in-depth knowledge of local area competition
- Hands on leasing of company assets: gather market and tenant information; negotiate letters of intent; source new tenants; evaluate tenants' creditworthiness, work with in-house legal department on lease negotiations, etc.
- Responsible for interpreting commercial tenant leases to prepare lease abstracts, amendments, assignments and various leasing reports for the company
- An understanding of retail trends as they relate to the emerging omni-channel environment
- Identify opportunities for improving NOI performance at properties
- In-depth knowledge of real estate and deal making for retail properties
- Implements strategic goals for the company to ensure financial expectations
- Source new tenants through cold calling, networking, incubating and prospecting
- Negotiate long-term agreements on favorable terms for the company
- Prepare lease request packages for approval while demonstrating ongoing communication with legal, tenant coordination, development, property management, etc.
- Prepares annual budgets and quarterly forecastsfor review and approval by senior management
- Works with senior management and financial team to compile and accurately complete all pro-forma budgets, reports and projections to ensure successful lease transactions
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of retail and restaurant leasing experience, including mixed use experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with major national retailers must be extensive and should have significant industry relationships (retailers, brokers, developers, consultants)
- Experience in leasing multiple retail formats including big-box, high street, shopping center, urban in-fill and office
- Comprehensive knowledge of the leasing process
- Travel Required
- Strong financial, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize /multitask and work in a fast-paced work environment
- In-depth knowledge of deal structures and lease terminology
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Drive For Results; has confidence in abilities and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.