Takasago International is looking for a VP of Corporate Regulatory Affairs. This person will lead the Global Fragrance Safety & Regulatory Affairs (GFSARA) Group, which includes responsibility for global safety and regulatory compliance of Takasago fragrance and flavor ingredients. Also serves as an internal resource for the Fragrance, Flavor and Aroma Ingredient Divisions on questions/issues involving toxicology/safety and regulatory compliance, including customer interactions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct all fragrance safety and regulatory affairs activities on a global basis
- Create and issue new global fragrance safety policies as needed
- Evaluate the safety of new fragrance and flavor materials (both purchased and Takasago-produced ingredients)
- Address out-of-compliance issues for fragrances between affiliates
- Investigate and evaluate regulatory issues/decisions in various countries/regions regarding fragrances and fragrance materials and manage impact as necessary
- Prepare risk assessments for ingredients, products and technologies
- Manage registrations of new Takasago fragrance and flavor ingredients in various countries
- Address safety/regulatory questions and requests for information for both the Fragrance and Flavor Divisions (internal and customer-based)
- Serve as internal expert regarding the safety and regulatory compliance of pesticide active ingredients and finished products and answer questions from customers
- Represent company in industry organizations, such as RIFM, FEMA, IFRA, IOFI, IFRA-NA, etc. and work to influence the dialog to the benefit of Takasago
- Provide technical support at the highest level; considered top scientific technical resource in all areas mentioned above
- May accompany sales and other upper management on customer visits to consult on relevant issues and to make presentations as required.
- Contribute to project teams providing regulatory expertise and guidance on regulatory matters.
- Ph.D. in toxicology.
- Experience: At least 7-10 years’ experience in toxicology, safety and regulatory affairs.
- The equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable
Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines which includes a computer, printer, typewriter, facsimile machine, copy machine, calculator, telephone, etc. Must be able to work, move or carry objects or materials. Intermittent physical activity, including bending, reaching and prolonged periods of sitting. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those for sedentary office work.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compliance with all Takasago International Corporation (U.S.A.) safety, health, and environmental policies, procedures, protocols applicable to all work tasks performed.