Who we are:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a PDT Financial Analyst:
This position will work with internal and external customers as well as within the Performance Delivery Team (PDT) to assist in successfully driving performance improvement for assigned Value Based Provider Group partners and identify potential future partners. To accomplish this, the position is responsible for all necessary financial analysis related to the successful management of the Value Based Provider Group partners.Responsibilities
- Lead all financial analysis in support of the successful performance improvement activities related to the assigned Value Based Provider Group partners
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external customers to facilitate process improvement and improved financial outcomes
- Review Value Based Provider Group reporting for the purpose of identifying trends and/or areas of concern
- Assist in the development of an annual Value Based Provider Group prospective partner list
- Assist in the development of new Value Based Program models to meet business needs
- Assist in ensuring all Value Based Program reporting is being delivered to assigned Value Based Provider Groups
- Assist in the development and execution of Value Based Provider Group business plans
- Participate in internal and external Business Planning and Core Team meetings
- Assist in ensuring all Value Based Program contract requirements are achieved
- Work in accordance with corporate NSP team to develop and improve departmental processes and procedures
- Assist in identifying and analyzing requests for proposals and assist in successful responses for Meridian Health Plan, Meridian Advantage and MeridianRx
- Assist in Prospecting and generating leads of potential providers
- Assure compliance with requirements of all national and State regulatory agencies, including NCQA, URAC, CMS or general accreditation
- Assist in special projects assigned by the PDT Manager or Executive Team
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree or Fellow designation from the Academy for Healthcare Management (AHM) is required
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in health care industry
- 2+ years experience in managed care industry
- Basic knowledge of Value Based Programs
- Thorough knowledge of CMC’s mission and its operational structure
- Basic knowledge of CMC’s provider policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Access
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and via written documents
- Ability to work as part of a team while meeting and maintaining individual goals and objectives
- Computer skills with MS Office, databases, Internet searches, etc.
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefitsinclude a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching thatis above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian Health Plan was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Companyby Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER