What you’ll do
Under routine supervision, develop plans and strategies for the Value Stream activities including but not limited to strategic planning, capital investment, operations, profit and loss, continuous flow, material movement, LE (Lean Enterprise) Basic Thinking with focus on quality, delivery, customer interface, continuous improvement, cost, inventory and EHS. Supervises the timely and cost effective production of company products or repair of parts to ensure that reliability and quality standards conform to customer, government and company requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs the manufacture of products at the lowest possible cost with the highest quality.
- Defines the long and short-term goals of the VSM’s manufacturing activity. Develops/inputs the manpower loading, capacity plan, inventory management and delivery commitment.
- Develops a high performance team by supervising Operational and Technical staff to include, but not limited to, hiring, staff development, counseling and corrective action, training, performance evaluation and motivation.
- Plans, organizes and implements lean manufacturing principles in this VSM reducing operational costs and improving customer satisfaction.
- Works with internal customers to assure schedule consciousness and appropriate workflow through the shop to ensure meeting external customer demand.
- Monitors, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of operations to ensure that all VSM objectives are met in support of the company’s vision and corrective actions are taken as required.
- Develops, implements and manages current year’s VSM annual plan and financial results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to attain achievement of sales and profit plans.
- Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating and institutionalizing a culture of simplification, standard work, process improvement and lean principles.
- Leads and influences all elements of Value Stream (material, manpower, machines, etc) from material inputs to parts shipment including overall responsibility of Autonomous Maintenance, Product Flow, Production Control, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Engineering activity, and Process Improvement to effect maximum level of productivity, quality and on-time delivery of product.
- Educates, coaches and directs the Operational and Technical Teams to deliver Value Stream results.
- Promote continuous improvement through employee involved work teams and use of visual controls.
- Achieves on-time delivery to meet customer schedules,
- Achieves successful resource management though utilization of GKN and supplier resources.
- Assists resolution of technical problems in work area.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve “People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Lead-time & Inventory, and driving to excellence.
- Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, or additional experience, required.
- 5+ years of technical/manufacturing experience required.
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Advanced degree in business or finance/accounting preferred.
- Aerospace industry experience highly preferred.
- Formal management training preferred.
- Proven experience in influencing, leading cross functional teams and driving change results orientation.
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization.
- Demonstrated commitment for process improvement with results.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Customer-focused in meeting commitments of quality and delivery.
- Must possess demonstrated problem solving, manufacturing practice applications (e.g., SPC, Flow Charts, standardized work, KAIZEN, etc.).
- Must possess excellent demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, organizational and communication skills.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.