JOB TYPE: Full-time, Direct Hire
LOCATION: Washington, Michigan
JOB SUMMARY FOR Vehicle Integration Engineer:
- Client is a global leader in driveline and chassis technology as well as active and passive safety technology. Client has a global workforce of approximately 138,300 at 230 locations in 40 countries. Working at this client is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to imagine and create global mobility for tomorrow – and beyond.
- Are you up for the challenge?
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Vehicle Integration Engineer:
- The candidate should have 3 to 5 years of experience in automotive industry and experience with vehicle dynamics/tuning/testing/data acquisition/data analysis. Strong vehicle dynamics background with a focus on steering and suspension will be beneficial. Comfortable working with and quickly picking up software interface tools will be required. This position requires the candidate to be able to evaluate the steer feel and response of the vehicle as well as the theoretical vs. actual vehicle dynamics from the driver’s position in the vehicle. The candidate will be required to perform vehicle level testing, analysis and reporting as required for the development of the steering system. The candidate will need to develop strong working relationships with various internal and external customers.
JOB EXPERIENCE FOR Vehicle Integration Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Controls) or strong vehicle development work experience;
- 3+ years of experience preferred;
- A natural desire to work with vehicles and basic knowledge of vehicle dynamics required;
- Ability to communicate the results of evaluations, tuning exercises and testing information into engineering terms required;
- Able to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management
- Self-starter and motivated with a strong desire to produce high quality results;
- Experienced working with Vector CANape and CANalyzer;
- Valid US Driver’s License (Minimum of 5 years);
SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR Vehicle Integration Engineer:
- Vehicle Development/Dynamics background
- Able to work with software and instrumentation such as: Vector CANape/CANalyzer, National Instruments, OXTS GPS;
- Proving Grounds Driver’s Training/Licensing;
- Strong mechanical experience/inclination and solid problem-solving/analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn, committed, motivated, and eager to produce best results;
- Ability to work in a team setting and individually;
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers;
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, Placing People First. Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We’ve also won many awards, including eleven 101 Best & Brightest awards, four MMSDC A.C.E. Awards, multiple Crain’s awards and multiple Corp! magazine diversity awards. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.