UTC | RAS is a rail industry leader in the production of Gearboxes, Wheel Sets, Bearings, and Truck Frames for commuter rail vehicles. We are based out of Morton, PA (10-15 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport). We are one of Delaware County's fastest growing manufacturing companies today!
This opening is for a General Mechanic. Candidates with previous experience within a mechanical and/or general laborer role are invited to submit their resume.
- Building, assembling, overhauling of railroad trucksincluding the mechanical components required (brakes, bolsters, frames, etc.) according to customer specifications.
- Assembling wheel sets & gear boxes may also be assigned to selected candidate after undergoing training on various job tasks.
- Perform job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner, adhering to deadlines provided to you by the Truck Shop Supervisor.
- Must be team oriented to provide assistance in a support role for this entry level job opening.
- Complete various other laborer/mechanical job duties as they are assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Work safely on and around heavy and moving machinery, frequently climb ladders and get on/off equipment, and stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Experience using basic tools is required.
- Some mechanical experience is highly preferred (i.e. - general mechanic, handyman, automotive mechanic, carpentry, electrician apprenticeship, HVAC mechanic, etc.)
- Willingness to complete any task assigned as the need arises.
DRUG POLICY: Any candidate that may be offered employment will first have to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test in order to commence employment. A failure of drug test may result in the offer of employment being withdrawn. UTC|RAS has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
SALARY & BENEFITS: We offer a competitive salary and a top-of-the-line health benefit plan (including health, dental, vision). We believe that by putting our employees first, the rest will take care of itself.
HOW TO APPLY: The preferred method of expressing your interest is by submitting a resume. Other means of communication may go unanswered.
We invite all qualified candidates to reply to this job posting for the chance to join Delaware County's fastest growing manufacturing company! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.