GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies' solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com.
GP Strategies has an immediate need for a Vendor Management Specialist. This is a full-time, benefitted position. Local candidates would work out of our Indianapolis, IN office location. Non-local candidates could work remotely.
- Research and locate vendors who meet training requirements.
- Request proposals for new vendor solutions and provide to client for review.
- Negotiate vendor pricing.
- Prepare Master Service Agreements and work with vendors to complete the contract process.
- Receive and review various contract documents for completion of contract.
- Work with client contacts to receive and complete requests for vendor course scheduling.
- Liaise with the Client's administrative staff to ensure details of the training venue are correctly received and that all requirements for support at the venue are provided by the client.
- Work directly with vendor contacts to schedule client requested training sessions.
- Prepare and issue Task Orders and Work Authorizations to outline actual work scope for Training sessions.
- Request Purchase Orders.
- Approve low value/low complexity vendor invoices and validate all requirements for reimbursement are met.
- Be the first point of inquiry for any vendor/associate invoicing queries with escalation as required.
- Prepare monthly client invoice, ensuring accuracy and compliance to GP and the client's requirements.
- Enroll participants in public registrations and process payment via credit card.
- Continuously monitor multiple inboxes and ensure timely acknowledgement and responses to client, vendor, and internal emails.
- Maintain vendor folders with all required contract documents.
- Use database to track receipt of requests and status of requests and contracts.
- Continuously follow up with vendors to obtain missing information and ensure that we have up to date documents on file for each vendor.
- Maintain vendor database & delivery database to ensure all delivery on behalf of GP is tracked accurately.
- Submit and track vendor management request surveys and vendor evaluation Surveys.
- Experience with vendor management, business operations, project coordination or related area
- Be able to multitask and be able to prioritize work requirements
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills and be able to deal effectively with others
- Be able to perform repetitive tasks without making errors and with high attention to detail
- Possess the ability to remain flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Must be highly customer service driven and team oriented
- Possess the ability to work in a high volume and fast pace environment
- Must be able to take direction well but must be able to work with limited supervision
- Proven experience in building and managing key relationships and partnerships.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong financial and business acumen
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.