Your mission is to be the Veterinary Technician for the doctors . Your focus is to provide exemplary support for the doctors, patient care, and client education while performing all responsibilities of the vet tech job.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Client Relations – focus on client education and communication of treatment plans:
- Know who the clients are and why they are coming to LazyPaw Animal Hospitals.
- Accurately communicate treatment plans and obtain consent.
- Educate clients how to care for their pet at home.
- Doctor Support – the Veterinary Technician is assigned patient care by the doctor:
- Is responsible for completing the diagnostics and treatments ordered by the vet.
- Safely handle animals.
- Know and double-check every drug, vaccine, and dose before it is given.
- Proficient in phlebotomy and catheter placement.
- Proficient in surgical and patient preparation, intubation, anesthesia monitoring, and patient recovery.
- Perform dental prophylaxis.
- Radiographs - including measuring patient, taking quality films, and developing film.
- Administration – All aspects of Veterinary Technician responsibilities:
- Building and equipment maintenance as directed by the Practice Manager.
- Daily organization, inventory, and cleaning.
- Responsible for medical records and client communication notes.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT), or at least two years experience at an equivalent position.
- Excellent computer skills and a fast learning curve on new computer programs.
- Excellent telephone, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Lifting and carrying animals which may weigh upwards of 100 pounds.
- Technical skills consistent with a veterinary medical professional.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive attitude is a must.
- Drug free.
Job Type: Full-time