Fairbanks Scales Inc., headquartered in downtown Kansas City, has been providing top quality industrial weighing equipment and dependable service for more than 185 years. We continue to break new ground and set new standards in weighing equipment and systems engineering. We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Vice President, Field Operations to join our team.
The Vice President, Field Operations is a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and reports to the President and CEO. The Vice President, Field Operations leads and directs the operational processes and standards for approximately 350 sales and service staff located in 31 customer service locations throughout the United States. The successful candidate is responsible for identifying and implementing opportunities to increase efficiencies and profits, sustain growth, and achieve operational goals through process design and improvement projects.
The Vice President, Field Operations will direct quote-to-invoice processes of the field, sales and service organization, manage construction crews and subcontractors, oversee inventory control, and direct fleet planning, safety and national account administration groups.
- Lead the management of all activities supporting field, sales and service operations including product installation, field service, and large project management ensuring that the work is performed efficiently, effectively, and within company specifications.
- Implement best practices with respect to customer quotes for Fairbanks product and service offerings. Ensure efficient processing of sold orders.
- Contribute to the company’s strategies through the preparation of business fulfillment plans, budgeting and forecasting.
- Develop appropriate work productivity, quality and overtime standards for all field service technicians and ensure staffing aligns with business needs and growth objectives.
- Design and implement appropriate policies and procedures to effectively ensure safety and fleet operation initiatives are maintained.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement processes throughout field operations focusing on systems and process improvement.
- Ensure that operations and employment practices conform to applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage complex projects to ensure timelines are met and product and services are delivered in a flawless and cost-effective manner.
- Analyze data and trends to ascertain how operations are performing. Implement changes to the operations to ensure productivity and profitability targets are obtained.
- Review and analyze applicable operating metrics, evaluate variances with managers, and establish appropriate action plans for improvement.
- Design and implement training programs for field service and sales staff to effectively perform assigned functions.
- Oversee the development and improvement of site operations, dispatch and customer service functions of the field organization.
- Collaborate with the Vice President, Sales to ensure revenue growth initiatives are aligned with operational resources in a cost-effective manner.
Strategic Planning and Implementation:
- Partner with the President and CEO on operational and strategic issues as they arise and provide strategic recommendations based on analysis and projections.
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the executive leadership team.
- Engage all members of the executive leadership team to align operational management with short and long-term planning and projections.
- Provide regular management reporting that will assist in guiding daily business.
- Provide leadership and direction to the field sales and service management staff to maximize operational efficiency.
- Foster an environment that creates cross-functional teams spanning the entire Fairbanks organization.
- At least 15 years of operating experience with a strong preference for a candidate with overseeing multiple service and/or sales facilities across a nationwide geographic area.
- Prior senior management role in a comparable size diverse, multi-location organization.
- Industry related bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree in related field is desired.
- Solid working knowledge of various governmental regulations and programs including ISO 9001/17025, OSHA/MSHA, DOT/FMCSA/IFTA, ERISA/DOL/EEO compliance.
- Strong analytical skills and experience translating a strategic vision into an actionable operational model.
- Ability to create an environment of respect, dignity and entrepreneurial spirit while constantly promoting the Company’s vision, culture and mission both internally and externally.
- A collaborative and flexible style with a strong customer service mentality committed to lifelong learning.
- A leader with a passion for developing people, changing lives, and promoting integrity and values-driven operations within a dynamic, mission-driven organization.
- An effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- Ability to travel frequently.
Fairbanks Scales offers an exceptional company culture – we value our employees! We provide an extremely competitive benefits package. Please visit our website to learn more about us www.fairbanks.com