The VP, Operations is accountable for the development and implementation of policies and procedures for HealthSource Global strike and rapid response staffing. The VP, Operations assists and supports the VP in implementing and evaluating practices and objectives that will provide a high performance, results-focused culture emphasizing quality, exceptional client/candidate service, productivity, compliance standards, goal attainment, empowerment, and the ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Event Planning & Operations
- Accountable for the success of all event planning (large scale) and emergency planning as relates to strike and rapid response staffing for HSG
- Direct and manage overall operational performance across teams to ensure all pre-work for strike and rapid response staffing are being executed on with focus on credentialing, timekeeping and payroll process determination and documentation
- Direct and manage work across teams to ensure all logistics for strike and rapid response staffing are being executed on (hotel and ground transportation, etc.)
- Ensure resources and services are sourced in advance for locations of potential strikes in order to ensure that we have sufficient meeting space and rooms and contingency planning at best negotiated rates
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure efficiency and accuracy (Transportation, BG checks, Drug Testing, Travel agency, etc..)
- Ensure process to identify and train onsite team members in a timely fashion
- Identify new processes to help automate in areas that are currently manual
- Source vendors for cost effective and automated solutions e.g. time keeping
- Manage productivity and performance SLAs, KPIs, and dashboard reports
- Ensure metrics are captured and reported to senior management
- Ensure the highest standards of conduct, appearance, performance, training, and customer service are being met at all times as well as enhancing customer communications and relationships.
Project Management and Process Improvement
- Analyze business processes, identify opportunities, and drive projects to further improve department processes and performance, with a specific focus on quality, staffing efficiency, responsiveness, cost containment, and standardization of work
- Identifies and leads department projects for improved efficiency, process development, and technology implementation
- Assists with the recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce
- Keeps the VP informed of barriers or issues that may jeopardize the achievement of department and company goals
- Identify and solve process improvement opportunities
- Utilize technology resources to document and improve outcomes
- Support and be open in communication, providing critical feedback and ideas to support improved outcomes
Policy Development and Documentation:
- Evaluates current policies and procedures, and identifies and develops modifications
- Orchestrates and manages policy development and implementation
- Continuously evaluates current internal and external departmental deliverables, and presents analyses and opportunities to VP
Education, Certifications & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in healthcare related field
- Master’s preferred.
- Event Coordination (Large scale induction and onboarding)
- Emergency planning/ incident commander experience
- Five (5) plus years of progressive healthcare recruitment and operations experience
- Active affiliation with appropriate professional healthcare networks and organizations, preferred
- Knowledge and experience in healthcare recruitment, candidate sourcing and networking, technology, quality, and/or process improvement.
- Process improvement (Six Sigma experience preferred)
- Project Management for strikes, staffing and process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the department management team that provides leadership and direction
- Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
- We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
- We value professionalism in everything we do – this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.
- AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.