As a video educator, you will be responsible for turning complex into simple!
You will regularly write, record, and produce educational videos to help our users discover how to do amazing things with ApproveMe.com and empower them to succeed.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a teacher at heart and enjoy explaining concepts and ideas.
- You’re passionate about solving problems and helping people.
- You’re incredibly positive and enjoy making another person’s day.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Here are the skills that will come handy:
- Excellent English writing and communication skills. We believe communication is critical.
- Proficiency with screen recordings (Camtasia, Screenflow, etc.)
- Experience with video/audio editing (Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, Audacity, etc.)
- Experience with graphic editing (Photoshop. Affinity Designer, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress and understanding on how to build / manage a basic website.
- Experience adding and managing videos on YouTube.
- Ability to break down complex topics into simple, easy to follow instructions.
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – the United States, Canada, South Africa, India, Australia, Indonesia and more.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Arizona, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm MST (UTC -7). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between the hours 9 am - 5 pm EST
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Links to videos you have created and an explanation of your role in the creation process.
- An overview of your experience with self-hosted WordPress.org software (not WordPress.com).
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Include any details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc. that are relevant to the job posting.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates may be asked to complete a test assignment.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!