Our client is hiring a Visual Interface Designer for a 6 month contract in Durham. If interested, please email your resume to Healea at email@example.com
NOTE: This is an on-site, part-time position that is expected to average 30/hrs per week. Please include link to online portfolio in resume.
The client is looking for a talented Web Designer with solid graphic design skills to join the Creative Strategy team on a part-time basis. This person will work with writers and art directors to develop landing pages, microsites, email, digital, social content, and infographics for internal communications, advertising, promotional elements, and presentations to support the brand and business units within Sales, Marketing, and Communications.
The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in Adobe CS and have email marketing design experience in Salesforce. The ideal candidate will be able to design for a whole campaign, which often includes both digital and traditional assets.
Responsible for creating and managing interactive design elements, page level layout, task fulfillment and consistent visual treatment of websites, email campaigns, web applications and mobile applications. Participate in concept development of design solutions and provide input in how the visual interface should be designed. Ensure that the application of visual assets and realization of information design efforts support the users’ needs and align with the design and brand strategy.
Major Job Functions/Components:
• Create innovative designs for web sites, email campaigns, applications and other digital platforms across the enterprise.
• Works as an integral member of project teams with other disciplines including user experience designers, content strategists and developers.
• Produces design concepts that engage with users and fulfill project goals and requirements.
• Works closely with team members on the creation, design and implementation of approved projects.
• Identifies interaction and visual interface requirements and develops design approach.
• Collaborates, consults and shares expertise with user experience designers, content strategists, developers and other team members.
• Ensures consistency with brand guidelines and adheres to style guides and current web best practices and technologies.
• Works with user experience designers and developers to integrate visual and interaction design artifacts into production ready products.
• Updates and maintains style guides and visual standards that ensure consistency with brand guidelines.
• Defines the design strategy and approach for projects while producing interaction and interface requirements
This job description is intended to describe the general responsibilities and type of work being performed by people assigned to this position. The major job functions/components above are the typical functions of the job and are not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Personnel in this position should be aware that the responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in this job description and various other duties may be assigned as needed.
Adobe creative cloud work, adobe suite
Must have prior designing email experience.
must be versatile in web design and graphic
Designer first, web medium, traditional medium, web designing and email designer.
Must be versatile with web designer and graphic.
Good to have sales forces experience
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience designing Web based interfaces and applications.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and other digital design software
• Proficient in HTML / CSS
• Proficient in responsive (Bootstrap) and mobile design
• Experience with LESS a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Web design, graphic design, digital arts, or fine arts preferred
• Work experience demonstrates formal understanding, training or experience with user centered design principles and information/interaction design
• Web consulting or services firm experience a plus
• Understanding of how comps translate to code
• Well-rounded design skills with a solid foundation of fundamentals
• Overall understanding of Web production
• Understanding of Web best practices for visual design and digital branding
• Formal design training with direct experience designing for the Web and/or mobile, from producing basic wireframes to extensive design processes
• Passion and curiosity about contemporary design culture and familiarity with current industry thought leaders
• Can work independently or collaboratively as part of cross-functional teams
• An eye for detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to juggle multiple project responsibilities
• Strong oral communication and presentation skills
Any certifications in visual design, graphic design, Web interface or software interface design, human factors, user interaction design, computer interaction design, information design or related fields a plus
Requires some evening and weekend work as necessary to support WO efforts and workload.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.