The successful candidate will be responsible for the organization and maintenance of material stock, updating inventory schedules, receiving of incoming shipments and verifying approximate quantity and quality, picking / packing stock materials for order fulfillment, purchasing of “will call” orders with various vendors, and organization, tracking, repair, and maintenance of tools / equipment. In addition, completing required paperwork and updating computer files as necessary.
- Load and unload truck using lift truck and other warehouse equipment, etc.; verify count and condition of goods received/loaded.
- Open containers/pallets and separate and sort material.
- Stock incoming materials in proper location, insuring correct number and type of product is put into stock.
- Conduct location audits and cycle counts.
- Access computer information related to job functions.
- Complete all paperwork relative to job function in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including the use of appropriate safety equipment.
- May require material delivery with company provided truck on occasion.
- Knowledge of welding or welding certification a plus!
- Cross train in other areas; potential growth opportunity in purchasing, fleet management, and safety management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic English reading and writing skills
- Basic math skills and accuracy in reading numbers
- Basic computer skills; email capability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Must be extremely safety conscious at all times!
Salary is commensurate to experience. Additional compensation includes paid holidays, paid leave, 401K plan, and medical insurance plan.