Talley Inc. is a leading distributor of wireless communications infrastructure and mobile product. Talley has served the market since 1983 and we stock more than 200 of the top industry manufacturers. Talley currently has eleven distribution centers nationwide, with our corporate facility located in Los Angeles. We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package.
Job Summary: The General Warehouse Support I position is responsible for order picking and packing, will call order picking and packing, staging of both ship out and will call orders, processing cable cuts, lagging reels, palletizing reels, and boxing cable cuts.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for assuring that the Warehouse is cleaned on a daily basis (sweeping/daily pick-ups of all trash on the floor)
2. Maintain, sort, and organize merchandise so that it can be easily located in proper bin locations
3. Responsible for picking all orders that come in on a daily basis for Talley, Inc. customers
4. Assure that product that is being picked for customer orders is 100% accurate
5. Responsible for packing all orders that come in on a daily basis for Talley Inc. customers
6. Assure that product that is being packed for customer orders is 100% accurate and protected
7. Responsible for picking, packing, and loading/checking out of customer will call orders
8. Process cable cuts, lagging/boxing of reels/coils, and palletizing reels per customer requirements
9. Additional job duties and responsibilities can be added at any time
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
1. The General Warehouse Support I must be able to operate a standard forklift
2. The General Warehouse Support I to be able to lift up to 50lbs.
3. The General Warehouse Support I must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to bend and reach overhead
4. The General Warehouse Support I must be able to work under deadline pressure as organization skills are the key to finding and providing merchandise quickly and accurately for customer orders.
5. Experience using a hand held scanner
6. Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
7. Minimum Experience required: 1 year warehouse experience.
8. Ability to read and write in English and have knowledge of Basic Math skills.
9. Customer Service skills a plus
10. Must be able to present and live by the Talley Goal of making Talley the Premier Distributor in the Wireless Communications Industry.
As an equal opportunities employer, we hire for Innovation and appreciate Diversity.