Title: Warehouse Associate II
Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
JOIN us in our efforts as a Warehouse Associate II
Under the direction of manager, will perform a variety of routine shipping, receiving, production and housekeeping tasks. Ensure smooth operation of the warehouse by performing material inspections upon receipt, filling orders, loading and unloading vehicles and notifying management of stock deficiencies. This individual is expected to stay up to date and have knowledge of facility procedures, transportation methods, safe unloading and loading material methods, and destinations of material received.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain security of the warehouse and stock; keep warehouse door closed at all times, except for inbound / outbound freight shipments.
- Assist production and hardware technicians as needed; Load all racks securely for outbound shipment; ensure all documentation is secured to rack before loading.
- Maintain housekeeping of warehouse; make sure all boxes are broken down and recycled appropriately.
- Work with safety, efficiency and accuracy as priorities require at all times; Ensure quality and safety standards are continuously followed.
- Ensure that workplace’s health and safety requirements are continuously met; Follow safety rules at all times, including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and keeping safety shields on stored tools.
- Check, verify and fill customer work orders; Process, package and ship orders accurately; Examine ingoing and outgoing shipments; Inspect products for defects and damages.
- Organize warehouse space; Keep warehouse clean and organized daily; Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures.
- Utilize Oracle and other software tracking solutions relevant to position.
- The above statements reflect a general detail of the job, and shall not be considered a thorough description of all duties inherent in the job.
- HS Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years warehousing experience.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Proven ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry between 50 – 75 lbs., and move regularly throughout the facility.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize necessary software tracking solutions.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Medical, Oracle, Database, Warehouse, Healthcare, Technology, Manufacturing