Job Description:Warehouse worker / Driver
Basic Job Description:
The Warehouse Worker/Driver position includes the areas of picking orders; receiving; processing; issuing warehouse stock and sanitation; stocking product; product rotation; product returns; loading and unloading trucks;inventory control; assuring warehouse facility is maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition;customer service; picking and delivering orders to customers; operating company equipment and trucks safely; preparing paperwork on daily basis; and maintaining company truck daily.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive documented training in GMP’s, food safety and all standard operating procedures within the warehouse areas.
- Process requisitions for supplies; pick and load merchandise for delivery; prepare packages for shipping according to established procedures.
- Receive, identify, mark and place materials sent to the warehouse according to established procedures.
- Process fish as necessary following SSOP.
- Communicate with various personnel, departments, vendors and others to provide and receive information, resolve questions and issues, and coordinate activities.
- Maintain certain logs and records as it pertains to food safety, shipping and storage established procedures.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment; utilize a variety of hand tools as required; report any repairs or unsafe equipment.
- Operate a computer.
- Report problems within his/her area of responsibility that may impact Food Safety and Quality. Concerns are reported directly to the VP of Sales or the President.
- Participate in monthly physical inventories.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Checking and counting merchandises by comparing it with packing list before leaving for delivery
- Identifying and verifying the delivery order and route
- Operating and driving the company truck safely and lawfully
- Delivering merchandises to customers
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes (approximately 80 lbs) for loading and unloading of the merchandises.
- Collecting payment check or cash from customers as necessary
- Performing daily maintenance of the company truck, such as basic checkup (brakes, lights, fuel, etc) and washing the truck.
- Preparing light load of paperwork on daily basis
- Must be able to speak conversational English in order to communicate with Sales team and customers
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Modern warehousing and storekeeping procedures including shipping, receiving and issuing of materials, proper and orderly storage, optimum space utilization and stock inventory procedures.
- Materials, equipment and supplies used in a warehousing environment.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Participate in the warehouse operations, including organizing products and clean warehouse.
- Receive, store, pick-up and distribute supplies, materials and equipment.
- Maintain effective storekeeping procedures.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Computer experience including Word, Excel, Outlook, internet and e-mail.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Fast paced environment.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking for extended periods of time as well as bending, squatting and reaching.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of walk; stand; reach over shoulder; reach over head; reach outward; bend; talk and hear.
- Repetitive motions stoop; kneel; crouch; taste; smell; walk up and down stairs; carrying materials or product and other necessary production or maintenance related items.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Must be able to regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds; must be able to frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds; must be able to occasionally lift and or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Certified in forklift and pallet jack operations preferred.
- 1 to 2 years warehouse experience in shipping & receiving procedures preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Appropriate/valid driver’s license
- Good and clean driving record
- Drug/Alcohol Screening
- Valid proof to work in U.S.
Job Description 10/24/2014