The WHS Operations Supervisor is responsible for efficient inbound material flow, the proper receipt and placement of goods, inventory accuracy, and WHS productivity. The WHS Operations Supervisor will be expected to accomplish results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Ensure all materials are worked through receiving efficiently while maintaining identification, transactional, and storage discipline according to company expectations.
· Establish proper data collection and analysis in the MRB/PRA processes to support improvement initiatives.
· Ensure incoming goods meet company standards and delivery accuracy by following incoming receiving inspection protocol.
· Achieve company inventory accuracy objectives by ensuring process discipline and identifying process gaps, leading to the execution of continuous improvement initiatives.
· Drive proper stock rotation with the guidance of FIFO philosophy.
· Lead and support re-warehousing initiatives, that will drive better organization and control of materials.
· Establish 100% transactional discipline, ensuring that physical and perpetual data always matches.
· Help improve staffing processes and analytics to maintain appropriate capacity and ensure the success of the receiving and picking functions.
· Monitor processes to identify breakdowns and generate possible improvements and best practices.
· Support direct reports by using appropriate plans, techniques, and tools to ensure the appropriate and clear development of all team members.
· Resolve conflicts and properly manage relationships within the assigned work group to prevent miscommunications between any stakeholders in the organization.
· Support and advocate employee recognition program
· Monitor and track attendance of direct reports as needed
· Interact directly with various departments including warehousing, purchasing, materials planning, engineering, marketing, service parts sales, HR, and temporary staffing agencies.