Provide leadership that will develop leads and employees within the DC to accurately and timely process customer’s orders. Oversee the picking, replenishing, checking, packing, manifesting, and loading stages of the distribution process to meet business objectives. Ensure timely accurate put-away and replenishment inventory, provide proper training and all necessary tools for the employees so that the goals and expectations of the department as well as the employees will be met or exceeded.
* Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
* Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
* Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
* Delivers supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items.
* Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
* Secures warehouse by turning alarms on; testing systems.
* Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
§ Strong verbal and written communication skills.
§ Ability to successfully manage within deadlines.
§ Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
§ Demonstrated ability to drive, participate, and adapt to change in a positive manner.
§ Strong team building and motivation skills.
§ Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively.
§ Ability to prioritize and set goals to achieve company objectives.
§ Strong knowledge of WMS applications.
§ Strong planning skills.
§ PC application skills.
Previous positions that are necessary background experience to qualify for this position.
§ Supervisor or work leader with the analytical, communication, and leadership skills necessary to lead 25-50 people in a work environment that is driven by accurate and timely (same day) order fulfillment.
§ Experience in team building and problem solving.
▪ must be able to work in an environment with temperatures varying from seasons.
▪ Needs to have a flexible schedule that my vary daily/weekly
▪ Adapt to an environment that can be dusty and/or loud noises.
Must be able to close facility M-F (10:30am-close) Out Bound Shift Mandatory.