SUMMARY: The warehouse/receiving supervisor plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received from suppliers or production shops. The supervisor ensures a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received in the warehouse.
- Satisfies internal and external customer requirements.
- Maintains staffing levels to accomplish goals and objectives of the warehouse and receiving areas.
- Interviews and recommends applicants for hire.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates the performance of associates.
- Manages and approves personnel time using time keeping system.
- Ensures associates ability to safely operate material handling equipment.
- Develops Team Leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned team members.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of teams.
- Manages domestic aftermarket shipping department that ships direct to customers and distributors.
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the warehouse and receiving mission in a safe and effective manner.
- Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of materials.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; and ensures receiving reports are accurate.
- Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control for timely data entry.
- Oversees the supplying of materials to fabrication and stages materials for assembly.
- Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
- Measures receiving and warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material and transfers to service parts.
- Monitors, measures and improves areas of responsibility through charts and graphs using Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- Two years warehouse supervisory experience
- Microsoft Office-Word and Excel
- JD Edwards experience a plus