Job ID: 135965
RiverBend Materials, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
We are creating a team of highly skilled people working safely to build long-term relationships with our customers and communities.
Integrity, superior quality and exceptional service will continue to be the foundation of our future.
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the water truck, maintain gravel and dirt roads at the gravel plant and plant facilities – This includes asphalt plant, concrete plant and wash plant.
This is a seasonal position not eligible for benefits. However, this seasonal position has an opportunity to transition into a regular full-time position depending on work load and individual performance.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Water roads and plant facilities to control dust.
- May shovel excess materials from around conveyors and other areas generating frequent build-up.
- Perform general clean-up and maintenance as assigned.
- Maintain environmental records of dust control activities at each plant.
- Work with grade and pave crews and place water on grade rock for compaction reasons.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle. Investigate abnormalities. Complete written report of problems necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to shop personnel. Perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Maintain vehicle in a clean an orderly condition, inside and out. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Assist other departments in job related tasks
- Perform other related duties as required or directed whenever necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Valid Driver License, class B preferred
- Construction experience a plus
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner as well as maintain a safe work environment.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in a team environment
- Demonstrates good internal and external customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety, attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
RiverBend Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.