Working with general supervision, the Web Analyst - Omnichannel will work with a dynamic, innovative team that seeks to redefine how we use data and analytics to transform customer experiences, accelerate business growth, and optimize ROI. Associates in the role will possess excellent data analytics skills and web analytics experience. The role interacts with a supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and direction. The role is generally characterized by a basic enterprise scope, a moderate level of analytical complexity, and a moderate level of independent decision making; many non-routine activities may be undertaken without a supervisor's prior approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Partner with product managers, marketing, and sales to enable decision support and key customer insights through deep analytics
- Create dashboards by pulling data from different sources; present analysis to the executive management team
- Support strategic initiatives by creating learning plans, implement A/B tests, and partnering with cross-functional teams to build strategies for ongoing success
- Answer ad-hoc analytic questions and train users to self-serve standard reports leveraging Tableau
- Develop predictive models and other tools to help us better predict events such as conversion and churn
- Partner with marketers and product managers to enable them to more effectively take action when it comes to converting and retaining customers based on what we learn from our predictive models and other analytical tools you produce
- Deliver key metrics, reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc analyses with interpretation, contributing to the development of hypotheses and actions
- Work with marketers to develop learning plans with recommendations of analytics approaches to address questions or validate hypotheses
- Pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues to resolution
- Provides guidance to business stakeholders on what data to capture, how to map data needs to business questions, and how to prioritize analysis work while partnering with our data experts to execute
- Applies statistics-based market intelligence to business issues and formulates recommendations
- Continuously push the boundaries of your skillset and stay ahead of rapid change in data and analytics
- Conduct relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others' feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
- Information Monitoring - identifies, develops, and implements monitoring systems, and analyzes data regularly to make any necessary adjustments to those systems.
- Work Standards - self-imposes standards of excellence while establishing criteria and work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, and service.
- Building Partnerships - identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships with other individuals, areas, teams, or departments.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - stays abreast of current developments and trends in database analytics and the tools to utilize them; proficient understanding of the retail industry and the basic factors that can affect it; ability to use these factors in decision making and recommendations.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program or equivalent experience in an analytical field is required
- 2-4 years experience in web analytics decision support and website optimization for Omnichannel businesses
- Experience with one or a variety of web analytics tools preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient subject matter expertise with SQL, Tableau, and Excel
- Proficient understanding of complex web ecosystems, best practices, and ability to put this knowledge into action.
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence in recommendations, motivating others to act on them
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills able to develop and use structured approaches to identify root causes and recommend resolutions can present results in meaningful terms
- Proficient Project planning skills and ability to handle multiple workstreams simultaneously to meet objectives and key deadlines
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, with ability to scale a message to the needs of a given audience on-the-fly
- Ability to deal with large quantities of data and correlate across multiple sources to dig out needed insights, or answer new questions
- Comfortable performing advanced financial analysis both quickly with low precision and thoroughly with high precision based on current business need
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Working ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease.
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities