CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Job Location: College Park, MD
CyberData is looking to hire an experienced web developer to perform scientific software application design, programming, testing and associated technical activities. The work activities range from developing scientific algorithms and applications software; designing code; integrating, testing and debugging code; releasing and maintaining operational code; to documenting software applications. Applications will include standard software tools and/or services for decoding, calculation and display of scientific data including satellite, radar, observational, numerical forecast models, and forecast products; for creating and editing graphical products; and to transform such graphics into alternative data formats such as BUFR, GRIB, GIF, GIS and agency-specified formats.
Required Skills (include but not limited to):
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills
- Knowledge of frameworks including symfony, Struts2
- Knowledge of software design patterns such as MVC
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and work status accurately and reliably to project leads and managers.
- Experience supporting code in an operational setting.
- Experience working directly with customers.
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience using Git
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CyberData Technologies, Inc.