- Competitive salaries
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness reimbursement
- Travel Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
What is a Web & Mobile Application Developer?
This role is within the Information Technology Development group which supports the company’s critical business management, field operations, and digital interactive customer facing systems. The team develops and provides routine daily support for enterprise-wide information systems and technology solutions, including our customer self-service portal and customer mobile application.
- Define, develop, and implement new digital interactive self-service features on web and mobile
- Enhance existing business systems and provide routine daily support for these systems
- Responsible activities may include configuration, programming, testing, and support
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field of study
- Strong analytic, problem solving, decision-making skills and proven ability to discern critical from minor problems
- Experience in the requirements definition, design, development and testing of applications
- Strong interpersonal skills in areas such as facilitation, negotiation and the ability to work with internal customers and vendors
- Two years of experience leading technical projects or supervising teams or individuals. Should demonstrate project/team leadership skills.
- Well-developed written/verbal communication skills, planning and organizational skills are required. Must possess the ability to multitask and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision and work well under pressure. Coordinate activities with other technical staff and contractors as required.
- Must be able to adapt to a variety of assignments and manage a number of projects and deadlines. Proven ability to scope/size projects.
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field of study
- Three years of experience in customer interactive web or mobile development
- Two years of Java programming experience
- Experience developing mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Experience with a mobile development framework tool for building cross-platform mobile apps
- Experience with OpenText Web Experience Management or other web content management software tools
- Experience with the development of strategies and implementation of best practices
Please go to www.centralhudson.com/employment Click the “Search Career Opportunities” button. Follow the directions to submit an application and upload your resume for the desired position. Applications sent via e-mail and US Mail will not be accepted. No phone calls or agencies, please. All replies will be held in strict confidence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR