We are currently seeking an experienced Welder to join our team! The ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience in the welding, fitting, or fabricating field.
What you will be doing:
- Building industry leading Metal Stamping Presses and Metal Forming Automation Equipment.
- Determine required equipment and welding method to plan, layout, and weld applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Analyze work orders and blue prints to determine need for supplies and the sequence of welding operations required.
- Lay out and positions welds as specified by blueprints, welding procedures, and weld charts by using straightedges, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Mig welding on heavy plate with multipass welding.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Weld flat, cylindrical or irregular shaped parts that may be clamped, tack-welded or otherwise positioned utilizing their knowledge of welding to prevent cracking of the welds.
- Observe tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Overtime required.
What you need for this position:
- 5 years of experience in the welding, fitting, or fabricating field.
- The ability to plan, layout, assemble and weld applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Has a thorough understanding of welding machines and comprehends their functionality.
- Thorough understanding of the need for heating a plate to make it flat, perpendicular and parallel to the welded surface.
- Possess the knowledge of preheating parts to achieve the best welds and correctly applying anti-spatter.
What’s in it for you:
At Aida, we recognize the value of our employees and engage them as true partners in running our business. We need your expertise and value your opinions. Come partner with us!
We will provide you with excellent compensation and benefits (401k plan) and the growth potential that comes with working for an industry leading, debt free international company located in 12 countries.